Kiddicare is now the leading
baby shop in the UK. Established in 1974 in Peterborough
Kiddicare have been able to uphold a high level of
customer service and deliver discounted nursery supplies
Kiddicare have over 100 different
prams to choose from, which are suitable for newborn
through to toddlers. For more information read our
Child car seats is a very important purchase for any
parent. Kiddicare stocks a vast range of car seats for all
age groups to ensure your child is secure in your vehicle.
For more information read our
child car seat reviews.
Kiddicare have over 250 different
pushchairs to choose from, which are comfortable and
easy to set up. For more information read our
Kiddicare has an extensive product
Maclaren pushchairs, car seats and accessories which are
suitable for all age ranges. For more information read our
Kiddicare has an extensive product
Maxi Cosi car seats, pushchairs and accessories which
are suitable for all age ranges. For more information read
Maxi Cosi reviews.
5 Ways To Look After Yourself Etc.
1. Take A Stress Check Make an agreement with a close friend
to check your stress levels regularly. Agree to watch each other's
children when you need a break.
2. Say "Yes" To No Give your children permission
to say "no" to anyone who asks them to do something they know or feel is
wrong. Teach them to say "no" firmly and loudly, then to go tell
3. Private Time Give your children a place to be alone and call their own. Respect their privacy, particularly their physical privacy.
4. Teach Respect Teach your children to respect the rights, bodies and properties of other people.
5. Ask Yourself Take an honest look in the mirror
and ask yourself: Are you in constant battle with your kids? Do you
find yourself wanting to hit your children? Do you think your children
are "winding you up" to spite you? If so, talk with someone before these
feelings get the better of you. Call a friend or relative and/or seek
professional help from Social Services, the NSPCC or your GP. Help is
available so use it! Positively you are showing that you care about the
relationship with your child.
6 Ways To Improve Behaviour And Give Your Child Self-Confidence
1. Show That You Care Say "I love you" and "You're important and special to me."
Praise talents. Don't use sarcasm or kidding to point out weaknesses. Be
positive and encouraging. Reward good behaviour and have FUN- these
POSITIVE parenting strategies are the most effective in teaching
children to be well behaved! Never ignore good behaviour as there is
then no incentive for your child to repeat it.
2. A Hug A Day Kids need to feel your affection through positive physical touch by hand holding, an arm around the shoulder or a simple hug.
3. Quality Time Is Quantity Time Caring and being
close is about making time so do more with your child. Spend more
time doing things your child enjoys. Turn off the television. Do activities as a family.
4. Take Their Place Put yourself in your child's place and ask: "Is what I've said or done building my child up or putting my child down?" "Is what I've said or done really for my needs or the needs of my child?"
5. Go With Your Gut Feeling If someone or
something makes you feel uncomfortable, go with your gut feeling. Teach
your children to trust their instincts too, by listening to them and
respecting what they feel.
6. Reward And Reward Again Encourage good behaviour by
rewarding it as soon as possible after it has occurred. Reward
frequently and in small amounts. The most effective reward is your time
and positive attention. Praise, smile and say why you are pleased. For
very good behaviour use treats such as sweets and going to the park. To
provide an incentive, a reward should be earned rather than just given. The basic philosophy of these articles is
that caring for children is one of the most responsible and difficult
things you will ever do in your life - yet there is very little
practical help and advice on how to do it. In a small way it is
hoped that the articles can begin to fill a massive gap. The information
and parenting tips have been developed from material produced by the
KidsPeace Corporation, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA.